Saturday 18 April 2009

Cup cakes - practise makes perfect

I've always wanted to learn how to ice cakes properly, from the plain but perfectly finished hard icings to faultless buttercream swirls. I've been following a few websites from cup cake experts, in particular Fair Cakes through facebook run by Shikhita who just makes the buttercream swirls look so amazingly easy but aren't!
I haven't worked out how to make these perfect swirls yet but I'm going on a course run by Shikhita in May to learn more about baking the perfect cup cake and making buttercream and fondant decorations. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I am TOTALLY up for being your tester/market research assistant/cake muncher :)
    Also you should have had plenty of practice in by the time my tea party themed birthday rolls around (whilst I am aware of your rubbishy 'it's my daughter's birthday on the same day' excuse, I still expect some sort of sweet treats!)
    :)
    x

    Yours effervescently
    Tony

    ReplyDelete